Elthin Warriors Pack
Welcome Friends, Foes and those who are neutral. You have entered the Domain of the Elthin Warriors Pack. Here you will find a supreme Wolf RPG Pack. I am Flint, a Cora (Alpha) of this Pack. We Welcome you to our home and hope you enjoy your stay, and consider to join this Pack. We are a WolfQuest based Pack and if your wishing to join us, you have to apply on there.

Please log in or Register!
Note: Any users that have registered on here without confirmation on WolfQuest will not be activated.
Elthin Warriors Pack
Welcome Friends, Foes and those who are neutral. You have entered the Domain of the Elthin Warriors Pack. Here you will find a supreme Wolf RPG Pack. I am Flint, a Cora (Alpha) of this Pack. We Welcome you to our home and hope you enjoy your stay, and consider to join this Pack. We are a WolfQuest based Pack and if your wishing to join us, you have to apply on there.

Please log in or Register!
Note: Any users that have registered on here without confirmation on WolfQuest will not be activated.
Elthin Warriors Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elthin Warriors Pack

Elthin Warriors Pack is a Supreme Wolf RPG Pack. We are based off WolfQuest.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
News
Literature Question V3hhqf It is now Autumn in the RolePlay, Weather now has a slight chill to its air, and the sun's rays aren't as powerful as they were previously in summer.
Original News Idea (c) to Anat / Xiald
Latest topics
» IMPORTANT NOTICE: NEW SITE
Literature Question Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 4:36 pm by Flint

» Karma the Knowing (WIP)
Literature Question Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:40 am by Charity

» If I were....
Literature Question Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:13 am by Wyatt

» House Cat, Cat Box, Box Car, Dang it!
Literature Question Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:12 am by Wyatt

» The ^ < v Game
Literature Question Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:11 am by Wyatt

» Word Association Game
Literature Question Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:08 am by Wyatt

» Count to 35 before a Cora Posts
Literature Question Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:06 am by Wyatt

» Current WQ thread
Literature Question Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 1:15 am by Flint

» The Den Site, The Pack's Home
Literature Question Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 12:29 am by Wyatt

Top posters
Flint
Literature Question Vote_lcapLiterature Question Voting_barLiterature Question Vote_rcap 
Charity
Literature Question Vote_lcapLiterature Question Voting_barLiterature Question Vote_rcap 
Ayla
Wyatt
Basile
Xhosa
Current Season
Literature Question 24xkjyv
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 18 on Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:06 am
Statistics
We have 7 registered users
The newest registered user is Karma

Our users have posted a total of 1422 messages in 59 subjects

Literature Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Literature Question Empty
PostSubject: Literature Question   Literature Question Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 9:05 am

Hi everyone, um well as the title states I have a literature question...

For a while now I have been putting together a story that I'm hoping to post soon onto the User's Writing topic on Wolfquest but I wanted to ask if any of you know if it will be difficult to write it from only the main character's point of view or not because I wanted to try it from the point of view of each character.
If I wanted to do that how will it work, I mean like how will I jump from one's point of view to another's character?
Sorry for the long question, just really confused about this cuz some people that I have asked on Wolfquest have given me confusing answers to this... :/
Back to top Go down
Flint
Cora
Flint

Wolf Information
Immortal Age: 46
Mate: Nope
Personality: Level headed wolf; thinking logically and has an air about him. With considerable charm.

PostSubject: Re: Literature Question   Literature Question Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 12:24 pm

~ Moved to O.T.T. Thread ~

I find its easiest for me to write from a first person point of view, But I think overall its a personal preference. I find with writing from third person POV that it can get a bit, and then this, and then that, just too repetitive. I Think that it is a great idea and have read a few books that have jumped charrie to charrie and think that it is a great way of writing and seeing how different people in this case wolves see things Very Happy I don't think it will be too difficult overall. But as I said, its personal preference!
Back to top Go down
https://elthin-warriors-pack.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Literature Question   Literature Question Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:39 am

Oh! ok, I see, yeah it would probably seem to repetitive with it going for each character's pov, i understand what you mean by that but like if instead of every chara's pov, I wpuld simple tell the story from the pov of the two main charas and then by just one's pov, would that seem to confusing? sorry for the overload on questions... -_-"
Back to top Go down
Charity
Cora
Charity

Wolf Information
Immortal Age: 12
Mate: None
Personality: She has a soft heart, just don't mess with her pup.

PostSubject: Re: Literature Question   Literature Question Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 6:31 am

Ayla would probably be best to answer any questions as she has actually written (very well I might add) where each chapter is coming from a different characters POV so first person from different charries each time. It's not at all hard to follow, just make sure the readers know whose point of view its coming from each time. It's gives a great idea of how each of the other are feeling and how they view things. It also is great to get each character a little more sympathy from the readers.
Back to top Go down
http://horseg27.deviantart.com/
Basile
Edhel
Basile

Wolf Information
Immortal Age: 2
Mate:
Personality: Curious. A good listener.

PostSubject: Re: Literature Question   Literature Question Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 4:00 pm

I write stories also and I read books constantly on writing. When writing from a certain character's POV it's hard for the reader to go smoothly with the story because their being constantly ripped from one person's head to the other. When reading, they get used to the first character's mind they read and if they are switched to another characters POV it ruins their concentration so to speak.

However, I think that if you want to POV switch it would be best to do it in seperate chapters. Chapter one can have your first character's and then Chapter two can have your second.

As long as you don't have one person telling a story and another telling a different side of the story that never really moves the story along you should be okay to switch POV. Like Charity said, the most important thing is making sure the reader understands whats going on.

I would love to read your stories, whenever you post them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Literature Question   Literature Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Literature Question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elthin Warriors Pack :: General Topics :: General Items :: O.T.T-
Jump to: